Skip to main content

Pen, Opus II

Heres a re-edit of the pen Shown earlier. As noted earlier, I also no longer have to worry about the archives. Instead I now get to waffle a bit less right now, but more as Caranbolage grows, to get over the  label cloud, which works as such: 

It gathers the labels of the post and groups them into a cloud. Labels that appear often are displayed in a larger font size, whilst labels that get less attention, but nevertheless deserve mentioning are shown in a smaller font size. Click on the, and you are taken to a list of posts attached to the label. I decided that it was a more efficient way of categorizing posts, as I may return to certain subjects at a later date. 

For those who prefer taxonomical categorisation by chronometry, the archives remain at the end of the page. We wish you a pleasant browsing experience and hope you enjoyed this bout of expository waffle. Please hold on to your keyboards as our show continues. 

This is a more refined version of what turned out to be a very rough cut of the pen splitting up into its components of imagination. Because that is what a good and reliable pen is, after all, a conduit to human creativity, allowing you to put down fleeting thoughts to paper, thus conserving them for later perusal or consideration. So huzzah and yeehaw, as the pen is here celebrated, in animated and exulted, exquisitely rendered NURBS sequence! Enjoi y'all!

Post Scriptum Waffle:

I now find myself returning my waffle production to a healthy volume as I try to verbosely overcome the space that has been consumed by the mighty label cloud, bringer of words and pens! The label cloud! The label cloud brings with it brands and labels with worn designs! Beware of the new synthetic fabrics! The make your clothes transparent to digital cameras! But then again that is a whole different story from the design museum in London, Enough of this space-filling, I hope.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COG I: Good Game, Long Thought (3)

Caram on Games (COG) is an occasional ramble in which I discuss computer gaming, gaming culture and how I perceive them, in an attempt to talk about a medium that I've always been passionate about, or at least enjoyed. Every part is an exploration of thoughts, meaning that it comes together as it is written- so while they may meander for a while, a point will eventually be reached. Maybe. After a lot of words, and sometimes numbers. You have been warned.  Let's start with the basics: 0. What makes a good game? This question has as many answers as there are ways to make a game, and most of them are subjective, dependent on how the individual gamer experiences their play, how deeply they are willing to delve into the details surrounding a game and how much time this will take, expectations towards gameplay and stortytelling, the studio and publisher, familiarity with methods of non-linear stories… This answer becomes more complicated from a publication and developmen...

Spring Lessons: Musiksehen Black and White

Note: this post was begun on 03.July 2013, just before Morsi was ousted from power.  A long while after the last post, and a second Egyptian uprising against the rule of Mohammad Mursi and the Muslim Brotherhood happening as I write, a seemingly unrelated post on a Spring Lessons event that will be taking place tomorrow: Musiksehen Schwarzweiss, or Black & White. The idea was born at the exhibition "Right to Left" curated by EP51 and Uqbar. The exhibition was titled "Arabic and Iranian Visual cultures" and collected works of graphic design by artists from the aforementioned backgrounds. Included, by chance or design, in the exhibition, was a book by Iranian graphic designer Peyman Pourhosein of Studio Khargah . This book revealed to me a visual history of Iranian film in form of posters, vinyl covers, and film stills. Knowing that many films produced before 1979 are banned from screening in the country and connecting the narrative of the Iranian revol...

¡Carambolage Rocks! (Apparently)

Gather the barber shop quartet! Roll the Drums! Fire the Works! Open the ball! Vote Hillary! Raise the topmast! Scour the Plank! Split the Atom! Shiver me timbers! That brought on quite a bit of nonsensical jubilation, finding that iCeah of Wow Legs has nominated Carambolage as a Kick-Ass Blog. In fact I jubilated all through yesterday, pausing only to reflect on Microsofts new Ad, Shelves I'd like to have, Fembots and Virgin advertising. I jubilated through work and through a small spot of partying.I am still jubilant as I write this! And now, my speech: "We've come a long way, yahdiyahdiyah, achievement, blahblah, the people who made this possible, yakyakyak, our sponsors, moohdemoohdemooh, honoured to accept, beehdibeehdibeeh, Mom, God and the stinky state of Berlin. Thangyouthangyouverymuch." So thank you for the Award, iCeah, if you didn't have one already, I'd nominate you right back, Meanwhile, my link-list needs some updating. Also meanwhile, here...