Editorial Note: you may notice that I have added a tumblr feed to the sidebar of Caramblogage. I've recently fallen in love with the ease that it brings to blogging quickly without the need to verbalise every post. The tumblr feed is tied in to this one, as I do appreciate the more editorial approach blogger takes, so you will find some content there mirrors what you find here. I hope youse enjoy!
Caram on Games (COG) is an occasional ramble in which I discuss computer gaming, gaming culture and how I perceive them, in an attempt to talk about a medium that I've always been passionate about, or at least enjoyed. Every part is an exploration of thoughts, meaning that it comes together as it is written- so while they may meander for a while, a point will eventually be reached. Maybe. After a lot of words, and sometimes numbers. You have been warned. Let's start with the basics: 0. What makes a good game? This question has as many answers as there are ways to make a game, and most of them are subjective, dependent on how the individual gamer experiences their play, how deeply they are willing to delve into the details surrounding a game and how much time this will take, expectations towards gameplay and stortytelling, the studio and publisher, familiarity with methods of non-linear stories… This answer becomes more complicated from a publication and developmen...
Comments