Skip to main content

First entry

For a while now, I have been hearing about this blog thing. The first time must have been on the Beeb, to which I listen in frequently, telling the story of how some persons' bloig had helped save the day. Weblog. It sounded so much like something out of Star Trek that I just had to try it at some point....

Well here we are, three months later, me having discovered this site through accident and adrants informing the intersted public that Quentin Tarantino ( whether it is him or not doesn't matter.) now has his own blog. Jealousy immediatly siezed hold of my youthful fingers, urging them to click the links and Follow them, until, about five minutes later- voila! Instant Blog!

So here it is, to anyone who reads this:

Hello! And welcome to this rather arbitrarily named page. The reason, as you may figure is that I currently live in Berlin, Germany (not one of the 23 plus Berlins the States call their own), it is post 2k3 and the world is still turning, even though the German Economy (das deutsche Wirtschftswunder, my brothers!) is not.

Me? An art student, I guess I'd have to call myself. One of those young hopefuls who one day dream of finding themselves in som creative excecutive position at some great AD Agency (If anyone from Stylorouge happens to read this- Love your work!), who may or may not end up holding up the post of their very own little trolley and living under some bridge. I hope to have moved to more benign climes by then.

Alternatively, I'll still be doing promotion work for my current employer- the darling Fitness Company in Neukoelln- I'll talk about that later- inviting people to join in a competition which is a complete marketing fraud. On a day like this, it may just want to make you scream- in my case sneeze- as the constant drizzle of an April rain in the middle of August does tend to drive some message home. Usually it's a cold love letter from the clouds above, chilling parts of your body that you thought were protected by skin.

So on a complaining note, we plod on through the details of my life- Half a degree in English Lit and LatAmer. Philology (such a nice word- I wonder if it's still in use anywhere...), a life of safety and security in the busom of the nuclear family at twenty- two going on three, a head full of ideas and an apple mac crunching 3D textures in my humble abode. What else? Single, but active, books, art, electronic music (everything that does not move at a strict 4/4 beat), music in general, my friends, my beloved College, writing, reading and this ridiculous obseission with Love! (However the guy said it).

Strike the last one though. A romantic he's not- but noone's ever complained, so I can't be that bad...

Hmmm.... I think I'll end it on this and see what tomorrow brings- If I contnue on this not I'll start singing my own praises- that may be a good idea if that person from Stylorouge IS actually reading this, but for the sake of my hard- earned and hard- learned humility, I will take myself- elswhere. More on the where... later.

Enjoy all!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COG I: Good Game, Long Thought (3)

Caram on Games (COG) is an occasional ramble in which I discuss computer gaming, gaming culture and how I perceive them, in an attempt to talk about a medium that I've always been passionate about, or at least enjoyed. Every part is an exploration of thoughts, meaning that it comes together as it is written- so while they may meander for a while, a point will eventually be reached. Maybe. After a lot of words, and sometimes numbers. You have been warned.  Let's start with the basics: 0. What makes a good game? This question has as many answers as there are ways to make a game, and most of them are subjective, dependent on how the individual gamer experiences their play, how deeply they are willing to delve into the details surrounding a game and how much time this will take, expectations towards gameplay and stortytelling, the studio and publisher, familiarity with methods of non-linear stories… This answer becomes more complicated from a publication and developmen...

Spring Lessons: Musiksehen Black and White

Note: this post was begun on 03.July 2013, just before Morsi was ousted from power.  A long while after the last post, and a second Egyptian uprising against the rule of Mohammad Mursi and the Muslim Brotherhood happening as I write, a seemingly unrelated post on a Spring Lessons event that will be taking place tomorrow: Musiksehen Schwarzweiss, or Black & White. The idea was born at the exhibition "Right to Left" curated by EP51 and Uqbar. The exhibition was titled "Arabic and Iranian Visual cultures" and collected works of graphic design by artists from the aforementioned backgrounds. Included, by chance or design, in the exhibition, was a book by Iranian graphic designer Peyman Pourhosein of Studio Khargah . This book revealed to me a visual history of Iranian film in form of posters, vinyl covers, and film stills. Knowing that many films produced before 1979 are banned from screening in the country and connecting the narrative of the Iranian revol...

¡Carambolage Rocks! (Apparently)

Gather the barber shop quartet! Roll the Drums! Fire the Works! Open the ball! Vote Hillary! Raise the topmast! Scour the Plank! Split the Atom! Shiver me timbers! That brought on quite a bit of nonsensical jubilation, finding that iCeah of Wow Legs has nominated Carambolage as a Kick-Ass Blog. In fact I jubilated all through yesterday, pausing only to reflect on Microsofts new Ad, Shelves I'd like to have, Fembots and Virgin advertising. I jubilated through work and through a small spot of partying.I am still jubilant as I write this! And now, my speech: "We've come a long way, yahdiyahdiyah, achievement, blahblah, the people who made this possible, yakyakyak, our sponsors, moohdemoohdemooh, honoured to accept, beehdibeehdibeeh, Mom, God and the stinky state of Berlin. Thangyouthangyouverymuch." So thank you for the Award, iCeah, if you didn't have one already, I'd nominate you right back, Meanwhile, my link-list needs some updating. Also meanwhile, here...